The job holder is responsible for the airspace & airfield (runway, taxiway & stands) capacity analysis and planning process at Dubai International and Dubai World Central International Airports. He/she will analyse and define future facility requirements that are aligned with forecast traffic growth and target service levels, proactively promoting the development of required facilities with the relevant delivery teams in a structured and timely manner.
The job holder is to proactively work with stakeholders to define future airspace & airfield related service standards for DAC on which new facilities are based and investigate opportunities to improve capacity through process improvements and communicate effectively to the relevant business sponsor and delivery team (Business Improvement or Development) for development and implementation.
The individual is also responsible for managing and delivering a seasonal capacity declaration process for DAC’s runway and stands at DWC and DXB (within IATA guidelines) and to support the master plan process as a key information input on airspace & airfield capacity requirements and service levels. Technically the individual is to develop, manage and maintain a suite of simulation tools to ensure that airport processes and capacity requirements can be accurately modelled.
The role holder will develop a suite of simulation tools to ensure the airspace & airfield process and facility requirements to meet growth forecasts can be accurately modelled and will feed analysis proactively to the business to drive the long term capacity and planning process forward.
- Translate forecast traffic scenarios and target service levels into facility requirements, to inform both the business (through the Long Term Planning & Capacity BFA) and the master programmes (SP2020, ATM2020 and Business Improvement) to promote airspace & airfield development consistent with planned customer growth.
- Analyse the impact of proposed or actual changes, such as capacity enhancements (e.g. new infrastructure or technology) or restrictions (e.g. new regulations), on airspace & airfield related components of the master plan and develop corresponding action plans.
- Responsible for management of the capacity declaration process for runways and stands as part of the IATA scheduling process for Dubai Airports to deliver optimal passenger throughput at desired service levels
- Analyse, develop and continually review a airspace & airfield service proposition that will drive the planning process at DA and ensure that all future developments are aligned with this policy (influenced at a corporate level through the Service Delivery BFA).
- Develop, monitor and manage airspace & airfield related SLAs with the key stakeholders who influence the utilisation of Terminal assets to ensure maximum value is realised.
- Coaching, motivating and developing Operational Research analysts. Setting team and individual objectives, providing continual constructive feedback for the development of the individual/team
The job holder will be educated to degree level in a numerical subject. Masters degree in Operational Research is preferable.
At least 6 to 8 years experience in an operational research related role, with a significant amount of that time in the aviation sector. Demonstrable experience in developing and using simulation and/or planning tools. Proven project management skills. Proven experience in stakeholder management, especially at senior level. Strong influencing skills. Proven ability to communicate data and information in a manner that is readily understood by a wide audience of varied experience.
Understanding of key airport processes and operations. The candidate is expected to be capable of the following general requirements:
- Extremely effective interpersonal skills, ability to listen and communicate well to line management and subordinates.
- Highly-developed management and negotiation skills in a stakeholder driven environment.
- Ability to prioritise effectively, work well under pressure and have an enthusiasm and drive to see projects through to a successful conclusion.
- Strong commercial understanding of business process and supply chain management
- Aptitude to fit quickly into a variety of airport and stakeholder project teams.