The job holder is responsible for the logistics and support facilities capacity analysis and planning process at Dubai International and Dubai World Central Airports. Also in scope of this role are associated car park and landside access facilities. He/she will analyse and define future facility requirements that are aligned with forecast traffic growth and target service levels, proactively promoting the development of required facilities with the relevant delivery teams in a structured and timely manner.
The individual is also responsible for managing and delivering a seasonal capacity declaration process for baggage processing that feeds into the DAC’s Terminals declarations at DWC and DXB (within IATA guidelines) and to support the master plan process as a key information input on logistics and support facilities capacity requirements and service levels. Technically the individual is to develop, manage and maintain a suite of simulation tools to ensure that airport processes and capacity requirements can be accurately modelled.
The role holder will develop a suite of simulation tools to ensure the logistics process and facility requirements to meet growth forecasts can be accurately modelled and will feed analysis proactively to the business to drive the long term capacity and planning process forward.
- Translate forecast traffic scenarios and target service levels into facility requirements, to inform both the business (through the Long Term Planning & Capacity BFA) and the master programmes (SP2020, ATM2020 and Business Improvement) to promote logistics and support facilities development consistent with planned customer growth.
- Analyse the impact of proposed or actual changes, such as capacity enhancements (e.g. new infrastructure or technology) or restrictions (e.g. new regulations), on logistics and support facilities related components of the master plan and develop corresponding action plans.
- Responsible for management of the capacity declaration process for baggage, feeding into Terminals as part of the IATA scheduling process for Dubai Airports to deliver optimal passenger throughput at desired service levels
- Analyse, develop and continually review a logistics and support facilities service proposition that will drive the planning process at DA and ensure that all future developments are aligned with this policy (influenced at a corporate level through the Service Delivery BFA).
- Develop, monitor and manage logistics and support facilities related SLAs with the key stakeholders who influence the utilisation of Terminal assets to ensure maximum value is realised.
- Coaching, motivating and developing Operational Research analysts. Setting team and individual objectives, providing continual constructive feedback for the development of the individual/team
The job holder will be educated to degree level in a numerical subject. Masters degree in Operational Research is preferable.
At least 6 to 8 years experience in an operational research related role, with a significant amount of that time in the aviation sector. Demonstrable experience in developing and using simulation and/or planning tools. Proven project management skills. Proven experience in stakeholder management, especially at senior level. Strong influencing skills. Proven ability to communicate data and information in a manner that is readily understood by a wide audience of varied experience.
Understanding of key airport processes and operations. The candidate is expected to be capable of the following general requirements:
- Extremely effective interpersonal skills, ability to listen and communicate well to line management and subordinates.
- Highly-developed management and negotiation skills in a stakeholder driven environment.
- Ability to prioritise effectively, work well under pressure and have an enthusiasm and drive to see projects through to a successful conclusion.
- Strong commercial understanding of business process and supply chain management
- Aptitude to fit quickly into a variety of airport and stakeholder project teams.