- Maintains oversight over finance and operations for all field offices. This includes supervising the FAOs, and assuring that accounting, procurement, inventory, fleet management, inventory and general office functions are performed according to high standards.
- In Abuja office, supervise operations. Directly supervise procurement officer, inventory officer, receptionist, logistics assistant, transport officer and facilities manager (outsourced).
- Ensure that office facilities are well maintained, furnished, and stocked and have adequate security and technical infrastructure in place.
- Ensure with the Transportation Officer the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners and heaters.
- Supervise the management of the motor pool and dispatch team, and of its international and domestic air travel arrangements and approvals.
- Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received/accompanied at/to the airport, have safe and adequate transportation and accommodations during their stay.
- Train field finance staff in finance and accounting policies and procedures, including donor cost principles, travel regulations and procurement principles.
- Communicate office operations standards to MSH staff and consultants.
- Ensure that all local and regional purchases are as per the defined threshold, and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment and audit requirements.
- Maintain inventories and controls over central and regional offices fixed assets, such as vehicles, office furniture and equipment by all the projects, including those items provided to health facilities and other partners.
- Maintain rigorous operations ensuring that systems are in place for the proper receipt, rotation and control of program’s materials.
- Supervising of the grant unit and financial monitoring of subrecepients
- Train, manage and supervise operations staff and FAOs under his/her charge.