* Understands all network technologies, designs and product offerings. Troubleshoots and analyzes complex network designs/issues and provides short/long term resolution plans. Provides technical feedback to engineering concerning design/product changes/enhancements. Performs the responsibilities under a high pressure, short timeline environment, which includes managing and responding to aggressive customers.
* Manages mid-range projects with minimal supervision including OPS requirements, document reviews, MOP reviews, software & hardware upgrades, maintenance scheduling, etc.
* Evaluates and assigns risk levels for all activities performed on the production networks. Focus is on minimizing customer impact and thorough back-out procedues. Clearly communicates expected impact to customers and/or network in approval statement. Ensures the MOP can be carried out safely in regards to workman's protection assurance.
* Verifies Methods of Procedures (MOPs) prior to work being scheduled and executed (GCRs) in order to ensure that planned activities on the operational networks are carried out with minimal disruptions to existing services.
* Performs root cause analysis and provides proposed corrective actions. Creates and executes procedures to address corrective actions and resolves chronic failures.
* May support field services by writing and developing MOPs when needed.
A Levels (UK)
Telecommunications or related field
A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Focus on the Customer: Listens to customers (internal and external); identifying, meeting, and exceeding their needs, and anticipating their future needs; aligns what is done and how it is done with what the customers need, balancing that with what the organisation requires.
Drive Organizational Success: Delivers results even when faced with challenges; strives to exceed expectations, supports and encourages the development of others; strives to make Level 3 a great place to work; passionate about motivating others and encouraging personal belief in abilities.
Demonstrate Agility: Focuses around continuous improvement; shows the ability to quickly solve day-to-day business problems; identifies new processes and frameworks for speed of delivery; accepts, responds, and initiates appropriate change.
Lead Courageously: Confronts problems with courage; wins the respect and commitment of others by appropriately standing up for what he/she believes; makes tough decisions despite ambiguity, supports others who make difficult decisions, and follows issues through to completion in spite of adversity. Makes the best use of resources to deliver results, considering the financial impact of actions.
Collaborate & Communicate: Builds effective relationships with others (internally and externally) so that he/she is enabled to deliver strong results; builds a broad base of support among key decision makers and influencers; incorporates team feedback into decision making yet does not require consensus; speaks with intention, fosters open communication, listens to others, and is able to effectively communicate verbally and through written communication to technical and non technical audiences.
Experience in technical support or engineering role preferred.
Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Shift work and On-call flexibility