The Operations Engineer must have a good knowledge of technical and operational practices and principles of production operations, well construction/engineering field optimization and development planning.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Provide support in the planning and execution of maintenance & major shutdowns, managing the commissioning and start-up of new projects and plant modifications
- Support Drilling and Production Operations as appropriate.
Requirements & Skills
- Must be capable of utilizing engineering and operational principles to resolve problems and identify hydrocarbon production enhancement opportunities
- Must be able to manage and apply multiple projects and work in a team environment
- Must be capable of working with multi-functional teams in project execution
- Must have ability to plan, lead and execute development projects
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be very analytical and capable of delivering results
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary teams.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in a core Engineering discipline with a minimum of Second Class Upper division
- A Master’s Degree in any of the relevant Engineering disciplines will be an added advantage
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in an E&P company.