· The Operations Geologist reports to the Exploration / Petroleum Engineering /Asset Manager
· During the operations phase, the Operations Geologist may also make visits to the Wellsite to support the Wellsite Geologist on particular jobs.
· Act as key point of contact between Drilling & Exploration Teams (and other asset teams, as applicable) at all stages of drilling projects, from early planning through to post-well.
· Develop timely decisions as required throughout the drilling process by actively involving those teams
· In early planning be involved in the Procurement process, particularly for evaluation of tenders (eg: mudlogging, coring, logging etc).
· Make reference to the relevant Company Head office technical contact to ensure the scope of work for these contracts is made with reference to required Company standards.
· In early planning, for future wells, assist in preparation work and write the geological planning documents (eg: Well Design Criteria, Work Program), as required by the Company Well Engineering Process.
· BSc (Hons.) or MSc Geology
· 5 -7 years of relevant industry experience
· Minimum 5 years in a position as production/ development geologist with an Oil&Gas company or a consulting service company