- The Operations Geologist will be responsible for the quality assurance of all geoscience data acquired at the wellsite. To ensure all Geological Operations are conducted effectively, economically, safely, environmentally friendly and in an orderly manner.
- Effective and timely internal communication with Sr. Management and appropriate Departments (Subsurface, Drilling, Logistics, Projects, Operations, etc.). Internal and external (partners, government, etc.) distribution of all appropriate geological data, reports and documents. Ensure distribution of all wellsite data to subsurface team and all agreed JV partners.
- Strong service company liaison experience and the monitoring of service company performance. Support for all geological operations, including liaising between the company and contractors. Assist with definition of scope of work/evaluation of geoscience related drilling tenders and contracts (wireline, mudlogging, coring. etc.)
- QA/QC of all geological and geophysical data acquired at the wellsite, Maintaining the digital and hard copy of all well files, including well proposals, geological operations data, service company reviews and post drill reports.
- Monitoring contractor performance for all geological operations. Ability to effectively address contractor performance issues, as appropriate. Maintaining service company performance reviews and records.
Key Competencies - Maximum 5
- Ability Supervise wellsite geologist and specific contractors to perform well operations work for all drilling activity and development well programs.
- Preparation of geological well prognosis end of well documentation, analysis and reporting to internal/external parties.
- n cooperation with the subsurface operation staff, organizes the logistics and movement of all logging tools and reservoir and geological samples from the rig, through the company registration process and onward to selected places for analysis.
- Ensure the most appropriate technologies are utilized for data distribution, reporting and geological operations including wellsite geology and coring operations
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BSc in a related Geoscience discipline. MSc in Geology, Geophysics or Petroleum Engineering will be added advantage. Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
- Geological Service Company Experience - (Mud Logging, LWD/MWD, Wireline, etc.), Wellsite Geologist and/or Development Geologist. Performance monitoring of Service Companies. Tendering for 3rd party contractors
- IT Skills & Expertise Requirements: High level of IT skills and expertise, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Composite well log software and data management software. Knowledge of software to construct geological structural and stratigraphic cross-sections and geo-modeling software (Petrel) is an advantage