SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Operations Manager is charged with the responsibility of supervising food and beverage/culinary daily operations in line with international best practices. The duties shall include but not limited to ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget of the department in line with established policies and procedures of the AUN Hotel.
- A BA in hospitality management or a similar discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years’s experience in a similar position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to organize work efficiently and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to lead, motivate and monitor a team to achieve set goals and targets.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying.
- Service orientation – actively looking for ways to serve people.
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Proficient in ICT skills, including MS Office, Internet and e-mail, and other relevant applications and systems as used by AUN.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Neat appearance, good personal grooming and positive personality.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.