As Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the Managed Services team and suite of solution offerings. The team will be responsible for providing pro - active first fix and post-sales support to our Managed Service Customers. The ideal candidate will have previous operations management experience, a natural talent for getting the best out of teams and a sound understanding of the technologies we support Computer Hardware and Operating systems, Cloud technology, Network & systems security, Enterprise networking including IP VPN and MPLS.
Other responsibilities include:
• Design and deliver integrated solutions for Managed Service customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPI‟s, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement.
• Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied.
• Instil a high performance culture in the team with a focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues.
• Be capable of identifying and implementing change within the team to ensure it can take on new service offerings.
• Contribute proactively to new service development.
• Work closely with the Technical Sales to ensure new customers are on-boarded with seamless handover / transition.
• Ensure remote teams are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support.
• Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and other internal stakeholders.
• Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement.
• Drive a continual service improvement program based on a desire to become a world class managed service provider.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive Managed services offerings in Nigeria and globally develop propositions to sell and further develop the MainOne brand.
You will be required to liaise on a day-to-day basis with customers, the Technical Team; GNOC, Service Delivery, Technical Sales, Cloud team, Security team, IP Team, Project Management, and various other groups /departments.
• Strong Knowledge of Managed Services, Managed Security, and Cloud as a service delivery model.
• Good Knowledge of IT and concepts such as virtualization.
• Have excellent communication, influencing and customer management skills.
• Have solid technical understanding of Networking, security and Hosting.
• Technologies and solutions.
• Analytical thinking to engage customers considering different business and operational models.
• Relationship Management.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Familiar with Cloud Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), also familiar with connectivity, voice, video, security and general Network solution offerings.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Technical (Engineering or Sciences) discipline.
• Minimum 7-10 years experience working with managing various services.
• Minimum of 5 years in supervisory/management position.
• ITIL, CCNA , CCNP , MCP
Demands of the job:
• Ability and willingness to work long hours, take responsibility for delivery and meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Frequent Travel may be required.