- Take responsibility for the implementation of security policy and procedures in line with MM policy
- Manage the day-to-day approach to security across all CENL MM activity in Nigeria:
- Coordinate and liaise with both the in-country team as well as the SMT in the UK around specific security emergencies
- Ensure that all the security documentation (Security and Evacuation Plans, Security Guidance Notes, MMF100, Visitors spreadsheets etc) is periodically reviewed and updated
- Liaise with DFID, the BHC and other SLPs to ensure a consistent and appropriate approach to security across Nigeria and all who work in Nigeria
- MM Weekly Security update will be the responsibility of this role
- Participate as a member of BST management to contribute as required to the development and strengthening of BST functions
- Ensure that all process maps that fall under Security and Logistics are implemented and that any issues regarding implementation of process maps or need for updating are escalated for discussion within the Business Support Team
- Provide leadership and direction for the Security and Logistics Section to build a strong team culture that ensures efficient delivery of HR services to all clients and supports ongoing professional development
- Implement the MM PDR procedures, ensuring timely completion of meaningful reviews for all staff in Security and Logistics and follow up to ensure that development actions are implemented
- Oversee the deliverables of the Business support team logistics functions (visas, workshops, consultant visits, etc.) to ensure Value for Money (VFM) at all times.
- Ensure all relevant transport/logistics reports and recommendations are received and acted upon promptly.
- Support HR section to ensure completion of mandatory training by all Security and Logistics staff
- Communicate timeously and effectively with line manager, other BST section heads, managers of MM programmes and external parties as required
- Support all measures to ensure cost-effectiveness and value for money both for MM and external clients such as DFID
- Educated to Masters’ Degree
- Significant experience working in a security environment.
- Previous experience of security in a developing country context would be a distinct advantage
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Flexible and pro-active approach
- Confident in providing support to team members
- Experience of coaching/developing others.