We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager - People Transport to be a part of the General Transport Division of Al Futtaim Logistics in Abu Dhabi. The main purpose of the role is to ensure cost effective, on-time, safe and reliable Staff Transportation to Internal as well as External Clients by effective supervision of the Staff Transport Team (drivers, planners, admin) and Resource within the Business Unit.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible and accountable for all daily operational activities of the business unit, including resource management staff, equipment, transport vehicles and billing in order to maximize the efficiency and service levels of the Staff Transport Operations
Customer Liaison and Communication
- Responsible for day-to-day liaison with key customer contacts to ensure that all queries & expectations of the customer are met. Proactively inform the customer of expected issues before they occur.
- Regular Communication meetings to be held with the client.
- Proposals and presentations to the Customer or management to be made as necessary
Key Account Management Concept
- To act as the singular point of contact to the Customer for all operational and service levels issues, and, as a result, to be aware of and influence all aspects in the entire Staff Transport process
Strategy & Planning
- To actively participate in the daily planning of the Staff Transport Operations activities.
- Understand and apply the corporate Vision & Mission statement to overall longer-term strategy, and manage the operations in line with & in order to achieve all objectives of the annual business plan.
- Ensure that the operational strategy incorporates the growth and expectations of the customer.
- Accept full ownership of the operational aspects and deadlines
Key Performance Indicators/Service Level Agreements
- Ensure that all internal KPIs are exceeded & the reporting thereof are relevant, timeouts, accurate & auditable. Such KPIs will result in continuous improvement in productivity, quality and service levels.
- Accountable to the customer for achieving all SLA agreed service levels
Human Resources Management
- Manage the Human Resources of the business unit through competency-based recruitment, on-the-job training and development, motivation, guidance and control to achieve the highest standards of productivity and agreed customer service levels.
- Focus on team-building, accountability and discipline in an enabling environment.
- Ensure that the Supervisors and operations team are exceeding the daily operational expectations and being responsible for overall staff control
- Ensure an adequate level of internal controls through strict implementation of company policies, standards and procedures in Staff Transport Operations in order to mitigate against risks of both loss & reduced service levels.
- Accountable for ensuring the safety and security of all people and assets under the Business Unit
To be successfully considered for this role, you must have the following experience, skills, knowledge & competencies;
- Must have a degree preferably in Transportation & Logistics management
- Must have logistics experience with a proven track record in transportation
- Must have in depth knowledge of staff transport operations
- Must have extensive experience in Fleet Management
- Must be a leader with a strategic, analytical approach to business
- Must be able to communicate and present in both verbal and written English
- Must have strong planning and organization skills
- Must have good knowledge of MS Office applications, SAP awareness is an added advantage!
- Must have the ability to motivate and coach direct reports (supervisor / admin exe / drivers)
- Must be results orientated