- Reporting to the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Plant Manager, the O&M Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring:
- Power Plant compliance with all operational aspects of the O&M Agreement between General Electric and the Customer
- Power Plant compliance in all areas of Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures as applicable to the Power Station by implementing and managing GE EHS procedures.
- In this role, the Operations Manager will lead an Operations team of highly trai
- Development of Quality Operational procedures consistent with protecting the Customer's investment and achieving maximum Power Plant availability at lowest heat rate in a safe, reliable, economical and environmentally friendly manner
- Establishing, maintaining and auditing routines, for all operational aspects of the Power Plant, within a quality framework accreditable to internationally recognized standards.
- Agreement with the Customer on a suite of suitable administrative procedures and processes to manage Fuel Nominations, Dispatch and Availability Profiles, in order to comply with all O&M contractual requirements.
- Ensuring that the Power Plant remains operational at all times within any Environmental Consents and obligations.
- Maintaining a team of reliable and qualified personnel to operate the Power Plant on a continuous shift basis.
- Administer, control and Audit all aspects of the sites Environmental, Health and Safety Manual in relation to the Permit to Work System.
- Manage and implement GE EHS procedures within area of responsibility.
- Manage and monitor effectiveness of initial and refresher EHS training provided to all operations personnel.
- Recruitment, training and personal development of Operations team members.
- Development, monitoring and control of Operations Department budget.
- Development of auditable training and accreditation schedules for operations team leaders and technicians.
- Provision of support services to the Maintenance Department for completion and recording of routine maintenance activities.
- Development and draw down of various support contracts for effective operation and maintenance of the Power Plant.
- Management of complex issues within functional areas of expertise.
- Establishes and sustains within the Operations team a culture that promotes a safe and positive work environment.
- Be available on a call rotation with the other members of the Management team at all times.
- Deputise for the Plant Manager as required.