Job No: 496872
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Transport, Civil Infrastructure
- We are currently seeking talented Operations Manager, West Africa Region. Based in Abuja, the jobholder is responsible for the management of all projects in part of the West Africa Region, specifically Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone and Liberia.
- Management of all projects in the designated section of the West Africa Region under the direction of Regional Manager West Africa Region and in consultation with respective Functional Managers and Country Managers.
- To act as Project Director of selected projects in the West Africa Region.
- To assist in setting up all new projects in his region in collaboration with respective Country Managers. This may include physical arrangement with respect to housing, accommodation, travel of staff, logistics, office equipment, etc.
- Recruitment and mobilization of project technical and support staff in close consultation with Functional Managers and Project Managers.
- Preparation or review of all contracts with staff working in his region's projects.
- To assist in Project Managers in preparation of sub consultancy and joint-venture agreements as may be applicable with associates and JV partners.
- To monitor financial performance of projects and ensure performance as per project budget including re-planning of projects.
- To monitor project invoicing and following up payment of invoices in conjunction with the SMEC Financial Manager for Africa and Project Managers.
- To visit the projects when needed to resolve contractual, staffing, and financial issues.
- To adhere strictly to SMEC's Business Management System (BMS), Quality Management Systems (QMS) and OH&S procedures.