Adexen is mandated by a one of the fastest growing indigenous marine logistics services providers in the upstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry to recruit the following positions for its operations in Nigeria. This position is based in Port Harcourt.
Our client is one of the fastest growing indigenous marine logistic services providers in the upstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry engaged in long-standing service partnerships with international oil companies.
Job Title: Operations Manager
- Oversees all operational activities to ensure high quality and optimized service delivery.
- Acts as the second or escalation point-of-contact and interface on all vessel operations matters.
- Manages all the vessel charter contracts from on-hire to the point of off-hire.
- Ensures the attainment of set operational efficiency and quality targets.
- Optimises fleet capacity utilisation and standardization
- Investigates new opportunities for deriving value from marine services competencies.
- Supervises Operations and Vessel budget preparation and required management reports on
- operational budget performance.
- Controls the assigned budget and actively seek operational leverage to increase cost efficiency.
- Carries-out operational budget analysis for management and ensures compliance with budget.
- Reviews monthly operational budget results, implements monthly variance reporting as compared to budget and advice on expenditure trends.
- Creates an environment for performance and continuous improvement of budgets, safety and staff.
- Develops and maintains internal controls and policies for an effective operations system.
- Ensures the strategic plan is implemented by managing a safe, efficient marine services operation that serves the needs of internal and external clients.
- Provides daily, weekly and monthly reports as requested by the management or the client.
- Develops policies and systems, designed to achieve the mission of the Company and comply with all marine regulatory, safety and classification society requirements.
- Deals with non-conformities covering ship and shore based operations.
- Provides full cooperation to regulatory bodies regarding marine and technical operations.
- Develops and progresses the new-build strategy and provides input to contract concept selection
- Plans budgets and schedules for fleet maintenance and ensures strict compliance.
- Supervises the preparation of Vessels for Class and Flag State Surveys.
- Enforces a zero downtime preventive vessel maintenance policy regime.
- Supervises all the company’s’ marine shipboard quality. safety and environmental procedures and policies to ensure compliance with ISM code and other international regulations and procedures.
- Provides all the necessary support to ensure timely port turnaround and shipyard repair activities.
- Monitors/rectifies non-compliance to vessel operating and SMS procedures.
- Manages planned and non-routine maintenance and repairs are carried out and concluded within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Prepare executive summary reports on vessel operations for Executive Management.
Evaluates all marine or technical vendors for service quality and recommendations to executive management
- Coordinates all Charter audits
- Interfaces with vessel owners and charterers on all contractual, marine and nautical matters, and pro-actively develops Client relations.
- Trains the operations staff (where applicable) to effectively act as a redundancy.
- Higher education with Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture
- Internationally recognized shipping qualification
- Minimum of 7 years’ cognate technical operations role experience in the marine sector
- At least 2 years’ previous experience as a Technical Superintendent, or in a Senior Engineering/ Naval
- Architecture position in the Marine Industry is preferred
- Candidates who have previously sailed at sea as Chief Engineer have an equal chance.
- Knowledge of related responsibilities documents and procedures, such as HSEQ, IMS Systems, OVID inspections, SOLAS-IMO, internal audits and vessel trails
- Expert knowledge of PMS–Planned maintenance system
- Knowledge of Client related inspections and operational Internal audits of Vessels and Barges
- Knowledge of vessel trials including DP1-2 trials
- Thorough understanding of the ISM Code
- Thorough understanding of Diesel Electric propulsion systems
- Knowledge of Ship building and ship docking–drawings/work scopes
- Knowledge of Class Certification
- Proven ability to create best practice technical procedures and policies
- Proven Specification Writing/Management skills
- Proven Budget Management skills
- Proven Contract Management skills
- Proven Performance and career management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough working knowledge of Class/Salvage and Regulatory legislation for Marine Operations
- Capable of making decisions and giving directions to facilitate prompt service delivery
- Ability to work well with a team and also independently without significant supervision
- An ability to develop creative and effective solutions to problems. Capable of thinking outside the box
- Honesty and professional integrity
- Customer-centricity and responsiveness
- Pleasant disposition with the capability to be authoritative when necessary
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills in English Language