Report to: Operations Manager
The Operations Officer is to assist the Operations Manager in managing the day-to-day operation of the company. He / She shall be responsible for stock control, ensuring proper maintenance, implementing HSE guidelines and ensuring a high level of customer service.
The Operations Officer shall also be responsible for loading and logistics operations in a safe and controlled manner and in compliance with the standards, procedures, legislations and depot management specific systems.
- Ensures HSE guidelines are followed to ensure the safety of customers and staff.
- Ensures a positive customer experience.
- Ensures the movement of bulk and packed inventory is correctly recorded
- Monitors local fuel pricing.
- Coordinates depot maintenance including depot grounds, vehicles and hardware.
- Ensures that the working environment under his/her control presents minimal risk to the environment.
- Ensures that any Occupational Health & Safety activities under his/her control are managed effectively.
- Ensures that all relevant information on Occupational Health & Safety matters is provided to their staff.
- Involves employees in Occupational Health & Safety matters in order to reduce or eliminate hazards.
- Ensures that Material Safety Data Sheets are available to staff for all hazardous substances are used/stored.
- Provides Training, motivation, and direction for loading operatives.
- Ensures all accidents and injuries are reported and investigated promptly and thoroughly and that any follow up actions are implemented in a timely way.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree
- HSE qualification professional Qualification
- Relevant experience(4 years and above)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Good knowledge of downstream petroleum sector, terminal operations, engineering and facility upgrades.
- Proficiency in the use of Personal Computer (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good Oral & Written communication.
- Integrity and transparent honesty.
- Good knowledge of flow dynamics, custody transfer systems, safety regulations, petroleum industry codes, specifications and standards.
- Conversant with templates for capturing operations downtime effectiveness.
- Demonstrated supervisory and team management experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Well developed time management skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as a team player and work towards team goals.