Malaria Consortium (www.malariaconsortium.org) is one of the world's leading non-profit organisations which is dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium (MC) works with communities, Government and non-Governmental agencies, academic institutions, local and international organisations; to ensure good evidence support delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. The organisation has been in operation in Nigeria since 2008 and recently opened a country office in Abuja to fully establish itself with its long term commitment. MC now seeks to recruit professionals in its country office.
- The Operations Officer will be based in the Abuja Country office and will provide direct support to the Country Director in the efficient running of the country office.
- S/he will provide operational and management support to all Malaria Consortium projects and also manage all relevant documents, equipment and facilities within the country office.
- The officer will also be responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relationships with service providers including hotels, car hire services, travel agencies, consultancy engagement process from start to finish; and also manage the consultancy and procurement database.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the Country Director in the development and roll-out of internal project management systems.
- Source for appropriate venues for seminars, conferences, workshops and other programme activities.
- Oversee the collation of quarterly project assessments.
- Contribute to proposal writing, review and packaging including desk-based or field research for business development purposes
- Support the Country Director to adapt global value for money (VFM) framework for the country office.
- Maintain up-to-date record of stakeholders' activities, events and travel itineraries to ensure efficient service delivery.
Ensure information on Malaria Consortium projects is available in the Nigeria page of Malaria Consortium intranet.
- A Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Project Management or a relevant degree in the Social Sciences.
- The ideal candidate must have strong analytical, writing, facilitation, coordination skills.
- S/he must also be proficient in the use Microsoft Office packages especially Ms Excel and other relevant database tools.
- Interested candidate must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in project management and financial management involving financial budgeting and monitoring.