The Firm-wide Oversight and Control Group provides a centralized view of all control functions, and thereby assists in immediate, real time problem detection and escalation. Within each line of business there are designated control officers who report both to the CEOs of their respective LOBs globally, and to the Chief Control Officer. Their roles are to coordinate across all functional areas, particularly with Risk and Compliance, and oversee regulatory exams for their coverage area, ensure regulatory issues are addressed expeditiously, lead/manage projects to ensure full compliance where appropriate, work with stakeholders to implement policy and regulatory changes as communicated by Legal and Compliance, oversee implementation of Self Assessments (RCSAs), with support of a central Control Design team, ensure changes are rolled out consistently across business areas where applicable, and execute required training. A central control team exists to support the senior control officers covering functional areas such as business management, governance and program management, training and communications.
The PGSC Group assumes an oversight and consolidating role for the region, partnering with the LOB control officers, and their regional teams, as well as the Central Control Team, Risk and Compliance to deliver the function objectives at the PGSC level.
The PGSC Operational Risk Manager will report to the Global Enterprise Operational Risk Manager and to the PGSC Oversight and Control Head
· Provide active oversight of operational risk for the several Line of Business (LOBs) operating in PGSC (CCB/MB/CIB/Technology)
· Oversee and assist senior management to identify, quantify and manage the end to end Operational Risk profile of their business.
· Review and enhance the PGSC Operational Risk framework in line with changing regulations.
· Influence the business to adopt best practices for Operational Risk.
· Satisfy external auditors and regulators that an effective Operational Risk framework is in place.
· Face off to regulators through continuous meetings
· Member of key internal Operational Risk committees
· Ensure compliance with current and developing Operational Risk regulations.
· Analyze PGSC Operational Risk framework, systems & processes against published regulations to identify gaps or weaknesses.
· Present recommendations to senior management and appropriate Boards or Management Committees for discussion and prioritization
· Work with LOB Operational Risk leads to deliver on priorities agreed by senior management
· Develop PGSC and Legal Entity Operational Risk framework.
· Maintain strong and collaborative working relationship with Audit, Compliance, and IT Risk Management.
· Ensure bank regulatory requirements are communicated and met by partnering with compliance
· Ensure delivery of accurate and appropriate management information to senior management; consistent across LOBs wherever possible and relevant
· Provide support and oversight in establishing remediation plans to resolve gaps in operational risk management practices at assigned business unit and/or corporate functions
· Experience of risk and control environment through operational risk / business risk management, or internal audit / compliance role (+/- 10 years)
· Highly organized, with proven project delivery within financial services firm.
· Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
· Experience of assessing and managing operational risks.
· Good understanding of other areas of local risks
· Ability to build strong working relationships with central and business aligned functions across the PGSC. Provide subject matter expertise/training to other risk disciplines, business units, and corporate functions to support compliance with framework components
· Demonstrated experience in risk and control self-assessments, including process documentation, and data analysis skills
· Self-motivated & confident decision-maker with the ability to demonstrate leadership, challenging and influencing change where necessary.
· Strong people & relationship building skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Sound business judgment and objectivity
· Flexible and creative thinker.