The Operations Support Manager will be responsible for the network monitoring, surveillance and fault management support on the elements, components and processes of the Main One network:
- Design, develop and manage the change control process, which should include creating and implementing change management methodology that will maximize the service availability and reduce cost in terms of re-works.
- Custodian of the group’s KPI measurement, tracking and reporting analysis.
- Manage the problem management process to ensure that all network incident categorized as problems, are monitored, tracked and resolved within stipulated timeframe.
- Ensure quality process development and process performance measurements in accordance with International Standards (ISO9001:2008, ISO27001:2013, PCI DSS, ITIL Service Management, eTOM etc.).
- Facilitate systems and process requirements for the deployment and operation of an OSS/BSS Service fulfilment and Assurance programs for monitoring, controlling analyzing and managing the MainOne network for better efficiency.
- Introduce continuous initiatives to ensure complete adherence to all operational processes and procedures of the group
- Oversee the document management and control process.
- Provide regulatory, compliance and customer performance reporting.
- Support the operational spares management procedures and its effectiveness.
- Maintain the operational routine maintenance dashboard and ensure fulfilment by both vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Manage SLAs between MainOne and service providers.
- Constantly review the operational processes and procedures whilst ensuring continuous process improvement plans and initiatives
- Managing network problems- either with or without known root cause(s)-with both internal & external subject matter experts with the aim of preventing future problems, and subsequent incidents from happening, to reduce recurring incidents, and to curtail the impacts of incidents that cannot be completely eliminated.
- Responsible for daily custodian reconciliations and confirmations of network operation documents.
- Optimize operational productivity and monitor development of realistic and accurate forecasts.
- Reviews ALL routine-daily and/or weekly-reports within the operation unit to ensure integrity, proactively prevent failures, monitor accuracy of data analysis and control events leading to repeated outages.
- To work directly under the supervision of the Head, Network Operations
- Under the supervision of the Head, Network Operations, you will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments typically involved in the Technical Management of the project.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc Computer Engineering, Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Masters’ degree in Business, Engineering or Management.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in ICT or Telecommunications industry with at least 4 years in Operations.
- One or more of the following certifications is an advantage: Six Sigma Green Belt & above, ITIL, PMP, BPM, CQPA.
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Research & writing skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Leadership &self- management skills
- Team work
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, reliability, rigour, team-spirit, service oriented and initiative in the execution of the assigned work.
- Ability to travel within and out of the country at short notice.
- Good research skills.