To safely operate, maintain and improve a packing line to meet the OEE plan cost effectively to agreed customer requirements.
- Operate packing line(s) & ancillary equipment to safety, environmental, quality, hygiene and output standards.
- Undertake QA analysis and compare results against specified parameters.
- Adjust plant when appropriate to ensure agreed specifications are maintained.
- Perform scheduled and reactive line maintenance to minimise production downtime.
- Use knowledge and experience to anticipate problems where possible and to solve problems when they do occur.
- Use the company IT systems to record quality and performance data. Check line performance trends and material usage taking corrective action where appropriate.
- Operate effectively within a flexible & committed team.
- Maintain clear & concise verbal & written communication both with packing team, maintenance technicians, suppliers and customers.
- Demonstrate initiative in seeking to continuously improve performance (both as an individual and packing line OEE).
- Aptitude for basic electrical & mechanical tasks
- Strong basic problem-solving skills working within defined parameters
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills, educated to at least 4 GCSEs or the equivalent
- Basic keyboard skills and IT aptitude to input and access data
- The ability to secure an FLT/Counterbalance licence
- Basic verbal & written communication skills to describe problems, causes and solutions.
- Basic planning skills to ensure routine activities can be completed
- Effective team member
- Positive attitude and commitment
- Attitude of continuous improvement
- Manual Handling awareness