- A manager who is vast in marketing activities and client's business.
- Maximising sales and meeting targets
- Managing the food and beverage provision for functions and events;
- Supervising catering and waiting staff at functions;
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs;
- Recruiting and training permanent and casual staff;
- Organising, leading and motivating the catering team;
- Planning staff shifts and rotas;
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed;
- Budgeting and establishing financial targets and forecasts;
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided;
- Keeping financial and administrative records;
- Monitoring spending levels;
- Maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies as required;
- Interacting with customers if involved with front of house work;
- Liaising with suppliers and clients;
- Negotiating contracts with customers, assessing their requirements and ensuring they are satisfied with the service delivered (in contract catering);
- Maximising sales and meeting profit and financial expectations.
- Overseeing the management of facilities, e.g. checking event bookings and allocation of resources/staff;
- Planning new promotions and initiatives, and contributing to business development;
- Dealing with staffing and client issues;
- Keeping abreast of trends and developments in the industry, such as menus or trends in consumer tastes.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning & organisational skills
- Good Negotiation & persuasion skills
- Effective management of customer expectations
- Good knowledge of the Port Harcourt market and its neighbouring towns.