The Outreach Project Coordinator will lead the ATASP-1 Outreach Program Implementation Team and in that capacity will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of all outreach activities and ensuring the delivery of expected project results. He/she will coordinate outreach activities, supervise and manage project outreach personnel.
Specific duties shall include:
• Oversee day-to-day implementation of ATASP-1 project outreach program activities.
• Coordinate the preparation and submission of project work plans and budgets.
• Arrange the timely transfer of project resources to relevant implementing partners in support of eligible interventions.
• Coordinate the preparation and submission of mandatory project reports, including quarterly activity reports, annual activity reports, and audit reports.
• Ensure that funding eligibility criteria are followed by the implementing partners.
• Ensure implementing units/partners account for funds accurately and at the appropriate time.
• Monitor and report on implementation progress and the use of project resources;
• Ensure project procurement is efficiently undertaken and according to the AfDB rules.
• Coordinate project activities including procurement, financial management, special studies, mid-term and project completion reviews within the outreach program of the project.
• Liaise and follow up with the three outreach program Commodity Specialists to develop annual work plans for all three value chains, monitor progress towards outputs and ensure their timely completion.
• Ensure that the youth are actively involved in project implementation as a way of reducing unemployment in Nigeria.
• Liaise among other projects with similar objectives to ensure the coordination of related activities.
• Organize ATASP-1 outreach program meetings;
• Liaise with Project Commodity Specialists for the publication of results; and
• Undertake any other project-related task assigned by the Director General of IITA or his designated representative.