The Packing Technology Manager role is expected to lead early management (early product management (EPM) with global project team & Early equipment management (EEM) with key implementing sites), coordinate ‘Design for SC' process to deliver innovations within SC on-time-in-full (OTIF), support development of new technology to deliver innovation/operating efficiencies in partnership with R&D and the regions and key supplier development partners, and be the catalyst for introduction of novel relevant finishing technologies sourced externally, in accordance with Technology Strategy priorities. The role also requires updating best practices in process & manufacturing technologies, partnering with category GVS's, benchmarking key site manufacturing performances & development of detailed site wise medium term improvement plans.
As a Packing Technology Manager you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate ‘Design for SC' for key multi million Euro global projects, and lead Early Technology Management (EPM with global innovation project team/ EEM with key global implementing sites). In particular, deliver finishing technology design & specification to achieve Technical Design Lock (before Contract gate), define capex & manufacturing performance impact of global innovation for key sites, and enable development of site capabilities for OTIF innovation implementation
- Support category Technology Strategy building/update, contributing to Technology Programs, and lead specific projects prioritised within category technology strategy
- Consolidate & update category specific best practice process & finishing technology, map & collate process & packing equipment capability windows at key sites, interfacing with engineering & operations Communities of Practice (CoPs).
- Partner category Global Virtual Site (GVS) and Operation Improvement Groups (OIG). Co-ordinate category manufacturing benchmarking programme and key site 3 yips. Assist key sites to achieve the agreed manufacturing excellence targets through continuous improvement and deploy category specific technologies/best practises to key skills
- Regional experience working in & leading virtual teams
- Good understanding of world class manufacturing performance principles, and good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) plant requirements. Familiarity or good understanding of process technology principles, m/c design basics, packaging & packing m/cs interface and knowledge of leading packing equipment supplier would be an advantage. Previous experience of novel processes or equipment development would be an essential requirement.
- Excellent IT & communication skills
- Direct experience or training in TPM / Early Management
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline
Required Leadership qualities
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent & Teams