To perform administrative duties pertaining to the provision of health care and operation of the clinic. You will be primarily responsible for providing emergency and primary health care for hotel visitors and staff.
- Providing rapid intervention and management in the event of emergencies, and the treatment for critically injured or ill patients, according to competency with attention to detail and in a prompt timely manner.
- Providing emergency medical care within the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and immediate surroundings
- Advising guests of alternative methods of arranging medicine not available in the clinic
- Being able to clearly and accurately communicate relevant information regarding patient condition and care on referral of a patient for definitive care
- Assisting in promoting ongoing health care to colleagues and show full teamwork
- Ensuring that you have the patient's wellbeing at heart and follow through on any medical treatment received from outside the Strategic Business Unit (SBU)
- Showing Integrity and respect at all times to make the clinic a place that is approachable by all
- Providing support to colleagues, patients and their families in traumatic situations
- Maintaining clear, accurate and updated records pertaining to patient care and actions taken, medical, health care and safety issues
- Attending any training, workshops, or meetings as requested by Paramedic manager
- Keeping informed on all relevant issues pertaining to emergency medical care, inform security director / manager if a potential hygiene / safety hazard has been identified
- Being able to commence stock take of the clinic once every quarter on a rotational basis
- Training of colleagues in First aid, CPR and AED's
- Keeping of Health and Safety in the work place, as well as providing information relating to medical, safety and health care issues
- Monitoring First Aid boxes in the Hotel and ensure the maintenance thereof
- Being able to remain current with new medical, health and safety developments through literature, discussion forums and continued medical education
You will have gained an AEA or CCA qualification/ National Diploma is essential and possess a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
You must be proactive individual, you will have the desire to assist people and able to work without supervision, as well as to lead & develop people will be excellent.