The Partner Account Manager position requires the following skills:
• Own the overall number of the region (Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone & Liberia) for Products & Services (in excess of USD50m) and strong focus on the GOLD and Silvers Partners
• Strategic Engagement
o Demonstrates executive credibility – manage dialog with CxOs within Partner
o Shows clear understanding of partners’ business & business model
o Understands and can articulate Cisco's strategy and technology vision
o Shows high level understanding of Partner’s industry and/or market segment drivers and challenges.
o Ability to demonstrate influence over partner's strategy / behaviour
• Planning and Execution
o Ability market the partners’ capabilities internally
o Ability to build & manage plan from concept to business benefit with the partners
o Must understand and be able to communicate Cisco's partner programmes and channel strategy
o Service Envisioning, Creation and Acceleration
o Manage dialog with Product Marketing Department of the Partners
o Ensures excellent ROI on Marketing Investments and Events
o Ability to develop and drive Partner Plans and Quarterly reviews
o Ability to drive loyalty programmes with the partners
• Tactical Management
o Ability to build and lead a virtual team
o Ability to manage and lead whole account team to deliver objectives
o Is accountable for Partner’s business behaviour and execution against strategic intent
o Is accountable for Partner’s pre/post sales capabilities (technical and commercial)
o Understands fully the competitors activity/engagement/business in their partner(s)
o Drives certifications and specializations with the Partners
o Drives Partner Sales education
o Owns bookings and targets for each partner and chases weekly commit and targets.
• Developing and executing business plans with partners and with strong focus on GOLD and Silver Partners in the region in line with the CISCO Africa strategy. This includes maintaining a strong understanding of the partners’ organization and their financial business planning.
• Developing curriculum to improve Partner readiness to sell and deploy Cisco architectures
• Be the business advisor to the CISCO GM of the region as well as a business advisor for the CXO of the GOLD partners
• Ensure proper and accurate forecasting of bookings for the Region.
• Understand the market dynamics and the opportunities for CISCO and its local partners
• Drive revenue thru the partners within Cisco Code of Business