- To support the implementation, and maintain effective and appropriate community engagement on all project activities in communities of Adamawa/Kebbi State.
- The post will involve coordination with farmers and state teams
The Community Mobilizers will perform the following specific duties:
- Based on the project activities, and or plans, and donor reporting requirements, implement the system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is valid and reliable information.
- Support in MEAL data collection and reporting through site visits and other support as needed. Ensure beneficiaries are well informed, processes understood and properly implemented by the beneficiaries.
- Work with households and state teams to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the conduct of periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to households and communities
- Facilitate the sharing of project and relevant information obtained with households and communities, and other stakeholders through feedback mechanism.
- Ensure project implementation is aligned to targets as directed by the state MEAL officer
- Constantly update beneficiaries and communities on project activities and progress
- Support the CSO Project Manager to monitor project sites and community participation, ensuring timely meetings, activities, reporting, and documentation, monitoring troubleshooting as identified
- Prepare and submit monthly reports
- Support the update of project database routinely as at when required
- Support monthly review meetings in communities
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the State Project Manager and or The state MEAL Officer
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling CSO values
- Holds the farmers and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages farmers to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for the CSO, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships,
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- 2 years working experience- National Diploma / NCE in relevant discipline. Living in community and speaks the local language
- General Written & Verbal Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level good
- Language Requirements - speaking local language - English/Hausa - Good Living in community
- Respected by local people and leaders and known to be conscientious
- Motorcycle license
- Ability to ride a motorcycle