- To process the daily, monthly financial information for the partner CSO Office and to assist with the management and administration of finance/admin duties in the EU programme.
- He or she ensures that financial records comply with donor's regulations and policies and procedures by accurately processing and reviewing journal entries and vouchers, ensuring that proper management and control are maintained for all financial transactions and providing support to achieve overall objectives of the program.
- Significant transactions processing and documentation
- Carry out clearly defined tasks laid down by Coordinator/ managers / supervisor.
- Tasks are routine but may require the use of some initiative and/or basic planning.
- To be responsible for the proper use of equipment under direct control.
- Required to give straightforward information to colleagues, supervisors and occasionally members of the public.
- Tracking of grant disbursements and monitoring of outstanding trenches using a customised tool for this purpose
- To maintain all primary financial records in the accounts office and ensure that these records are accurate and up to date.
- To maintain a filing directory of files for accurate, consistent and shelving/archiving with 99% timely retrieval rating.
- Scan all payment vouchers electronically and store in the hard drive and all other confidential documents
- To prepare batches of consolidated vouchers (receipts and payments) produced in the office and ensuring that these are presented to the Finance Officer for posting at the end of the day or at the end of the week, at least
- Recording of transactions in system that answers key questions (what? Who? When?...) about every transaction.
- Ensuring that recording of transactions match the source documents in coding (primary & secondary), nature and referencing
- Cash & cheques disbursements and ensuring proper security of cash, both in the safe and in transit. Conduct cash count and document the process with appreciate sign off.
- To ensure that all accounts have all the supporting documents (approval notes, goods received notes, invoices, receipts, etc.) and that all records are filed or stored in good order according to the guidelines set by the programme
- To support internal and external auditors by providing all supporting documentations in an orderly and timely manner
- To ensure that all payment request forms, invoices, LPOs, receipts and any other payment documents are critically checked for accuracy and correctness and has met minimum accounting standards
- To ensure accurate and proper coding of expenditure on all primary documentation
- Paid STAMPING of all processed financial documents along with proper coding of expenditure as they occurred.
- Transfer all financial document two months old to archives with appropriate documentation for storing and retrieval processes.
- Remittance of all taxes and staff pensions in a timely manner with one week of occurring
- Maintain asset register
- Bank reconciliation
- Maintain store inventory (in stock/out stock)
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting and related courses or related fields
- Accounting/banking qualification with minimum 3 years working experience
- Good level of financial and numerical skills
- Good filing and archiving knowledge
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal; experience of writing reports
- Subscribe to high moral code of ethic.
- Computer literacy especially in excel, power point and word-processing skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise a complex workload
- To provide backup support functions within the business support unit as may be assigned including over for log & admin roles as deemed necessary by Line & overview managers.