Supervises all functions in the pastry section including reporting on duty, absenteeism, overtime, off days and public holidays in order to ensure maximum productivity.
· Participates in menu planning in consultation with the Executive Chef/Executive sous chef for the pastry section
· Organises, plans and trains all staff in pastry operations and production.
· Plans and organises the production of all pastry items required in the restaurant on a daily basis.
· Communicates with Executive Chef/Executive sous Chef on any difficulties, guests or internal customer comments and other relevant information. Handles guest complaints in the correct manner.
· Attends and participates in daily briefings and other scheduled meetings.
· Ensures early preparation in advance of food, materials and equipment needed for the service.
· Ensures that non-kitchen staffs are not allowed in pastry, bakery or storage areas.
· Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times
· Familiarise with the company vision and values with link to our model of desired behaviours that we expect all employees to display.
· Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by the supervisor in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
· Have the desired and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
· Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different view points, culture and countries.
· Should not perform duties under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
· Complies with company grooming and uniform standards.
· Complies with timekeeping and attendance policies.
· Actively participates in training and development programs and maximises opportunities for self development.
Being attentive to guests
· Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
· Understand and anticipate guest needs
· Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
· Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
· Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
· Be able to promote the hotel (and InterContinental Hotels Group generally) products and services.
· Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all InterContinental Hotels Group hotels in our region and all F&B activities.
· Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in timely manner and brought to the attention of the F&B manager as per Fire Life & Safety (FLS) procedures.
· Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and hotel or company policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Promotes the IHG Culture around the Winning Ways of Do the Right Thing, Show We Care, Aim Higher, Celebrate Difference and Work Better Together.
Accountable to the Executive sous chef/ executive chef through the exercise of his skills and experience to operate his area of responsibility in a high quality and profitable manner so as to conform to the policies and procedures of the company and provide the hotel guests with a memorable experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Minimum of 4 years experience in a general kitchen or galley setting.
Minimum of 2 years working with Pastries and Desserts.
Good time management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
Ability to get along with co-workers and support a team environment.
Experience with passenger vessels is strongly preferred, but not required.
Must possess the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Must be hardworking, flexible and willing to communicate effectively with the Chef and the entire kitchen brigade