An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Pastry Sous Chef to join the Zero Gravity restaurant Culinary Team. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef to set standards and maintain them to Jumeirah standards and to ensure the smooth operation of the outlet by optimising the use of materials and manpower, thereby maximising revenue and guest satisfaction.
- Supervising all colleagues engaged in the kitchen, together with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef
- Attending daily meetings with the senior Culinary team regarding menus.
- Attending meetings as required in the Operational Manual and update the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef on points raised.
- Holding meetings with the colleagues in the kitchen to discuss what has been carried out in the Chef's meetings.
- Planning menus and compiling recipes for food tastings to be approved by the Executive Chef and/or the Executive Sous Chef.
- Ensuring that specific and accurate product specifications are used in writing the recipes, wherever possible, needs to use local and seasonal products available to make the dishes in the menus easily.
- Checking food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control on a daily basis.
- Inspecting twice daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health & Safety regulations, to avoid spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and give completed check lists to the Executive
- During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards.
- Checking the daily function sheets.
- Liaising with the Chief Steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the Kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges, to ensure a sufficient supply of crockery and cutlery for the service and his department.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a recognised Culinary qualification and you should be in a similar position with a minimum of three years experience working in an international five star hotel.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage and life and accident insurance.