Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking an Electrical Inspector responsible for Inspection, verification, analysis and trending and reporting, defect reporting, auditing
• Provide inspection support and assistance to MET Package Delivery Teams, as directed by Site Quality Manager, to aid their deliverance of project package technical integrity requirements
• On site inspection of Electrical activities of construction and testing works to verify their compliance to construction drawings, project specs and contract documents with regard to quality
• Surveillance of Contractors / Sub-contractors implementation of their quality management systems to verify compliance to contract documentation and ISO 9000 requirements
• Measure, analyze, trend and report on quality performance and effectiveness of Contractors / Sub-contractors in meeting specified objectives via inspection process
• Verify availability of Contractors Quality verification records and product conformance and facilitate issuance of stage acceptance certification
Functional deliverables Role and Responsibilities:
• Participate in site quality audits and assessments as directed by Site Quality Mgr.
• Review of Contractors process (Method Statements) and inspection documents (QC Procedures and Inspection and Test Plans) for conformance to specifications, codes and standards and identification of inspection intervention requirements, as directed by Site Quality Mgr, prior to activity commencement
• Ensure work sequence is controlled and verified via implementation of and adherence to MET approved Method Statements, Work Instructions and Inspection and Test Plans.
• Undertake “actual”, “witness” and “review” inspection activities of construction and testing works and documentation at site as required by Inspection & Test Plans to verify product conformity and full compliance with engineering drawings, specifications, codes & standards and project contract documents.
• Review and acceptance, via signature, of process and inspection verification documents in the form of Inspection & Test Plans, Inspection Records, Checklists and Test Certificates etc.
• Monitor inspection status to determine potential interface or schedule problems to aid application of preventive measures to negate potential negative affect and utilises inspection statistics to provide early identification of potential or developing untoward quality trends.
• Ensure MET regulation with regard to work safety and environment preservation always maintained.
• Produce / submit Daily Inspection Reports via electronic AFI identifying items inspected verification / rejection rates and Areas of Concern.
• Initiate Defect Reports.
• Verify completeness and correctness of Quality Verification Records when submitted for acceptance by Contractor
• Production of Weekly and Monthly Inspection Reports and identifying items inspected, acceptance / rejection rates and Areas of Concern
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience:
• Suitable qualified