- Spearheading the strategic design and implementation of Pediatric HIV services under the ProACT project in Nigeria and this will also include integrating pediatric HIV services within existing RMNCH services in supported health facilities
- Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
Description of duties /responsibilities:
- Provides technical guidance and clinical expertise in the provision of ProACT project pediatric HIV care and treatment services
- Work closely with the clinical unit team to provide technical assistance to partner hospitals and guide the development of innovative pediatric initiatives to support facility level program operations including pediatric HIV testing, care and treatment of HIV infected infants, children and adolescents.
- Provide technical assistance in the training and supportive supervision of site clinicians providing pediatric palliative care, antiretroviral treatment, counseling and adherence support.
- Provide on-going technical support and supervision to field based project teams who will in turn provide technical support to facilities in the implementation of pediatric activities.
- Participate in the PMTCT/Pediatric technical working group meetings hosted by the USG, Ministry of health, HIV/AIDS Division of FMoH.
- Develop a standard package of Pediatric HIV care services and ensure its implementation in MSH supported health facilities.
- Liaise and network with relevant ProACT partners and collaborators to improve MSH’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda for pediatric HIV.
- Take responsibility for monitoring, evaluation and reporting of pediatric care and treatment services within the project PMP framework
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep MSH ProACT senior management informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with ProACT senior management to document and publish best practices.
- Medical Degree (MD) and appropriate licenses and registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council (NMDC)
- Specialist degree in Pediatrics or a graduate degree in public health preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in clinical management of pediatrics HIV cases is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with PMTCT, HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and CDC and international agencies such as UNICEF preferred.
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in PMTCT/pediatric HIV/AIDS treatment.
- Experience in developing country health care programs desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action;
- Strong working competency in computer applications to carry out management and data analysis as maybe required