DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify changes in a child’s signs and symptoms and intervene in emergent situations
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality in nurse/child relationships
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Serve as health advocate for staff, ensuring that health concerns are given proper attention.
- Participate in activities to manage a child’s pain
- Analyse situations to anticipate pathophysiological problems and detect changes in status
- Administer medication using age-appropriate guidelines
- Determine a child’s needs related to pain management
- Evaluate a child for signs and symptoms of abuse
- Provide supportive care to dying children with parents
- Administer all medication at the center, communicating clearly
- Motivate staff to maximize collaboration, retention and growth
- Assist the center Director with the day-to-day operations of the school
- Shall perform any other duties as maybe assigned by the supervisor.