The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a Pediatric Nurse. This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
The Pediatric Nurse is charged with the responsibility of providing health and medical care for students at Abti Academy. The nurse will provide expert care to the students while working with parents, teachers and the In-charge Nurse for information, direction and assistance in line with stipulated policy and procedures.
- Nursing Certificate
- Valid License to practice/Nursing registration
- Two (2) to four (4) years of direct work experience.
- Basic Nursing Ethic
- Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Flexible with time.
- Ability to learn
- Attention to detail.
- Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in the treatment of pediatrics
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Tactfulness and professionalism