The Applications Manager has responsibilities to the following key stakeholder groups:
Head E-Business & Applications
• Regularly reports to Head E-Business and Applications on the status of assigned applications and projects.
• Works with the Head E-Business and Applications to ensure the development and deployment of strategies aimed at the continual improvement of the company’ operational effectiveness
• Provide robust client/customer facing applications for customer relationship management
• Provide solutions to drive the business revenue targets
• Provide technical advice on possible ways of reducing cost, delighting clients and achieving efficiency through the use of electronic channels.
• Assist decision making by providing application data in an insightful manner using business intelligence and data analytics tools
• Ensure adequate response to evolving technology landscape by researching and making known new methods of solving business unit challenges
E-Business and Applications Unit
• Works with E-Business and Applications team to ensure that business applications meet business needs
• Designs and builds software products according to specification, and within the agreed time frame, adhering to best software development methodologies throughout the product development life cycle
• Work as part of a team on projects assigned to other members of the unit
• Conducting user acceptance testing on new software and patches to ensure that deployed software solutions meet the expected needs of the business units without errors.
• Writing detailed user and system documentations for the operation of in-house developed applications
• Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications
• Ensure regular revamp of the company’s website
• Identification and resolution of all software vulnerabilities on new and existing software applications