A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
• Policy & Procedures- Under the direction of the Management, formulate develops, implements and updates personnel policies, procedures and forms for the effective management of the employees
• Legal Compliance- Stays current with laws and regulations affecting personnel issues, employment practices or trends and recommends new or revised policies and procedures as appropriate.
• Rewards- Responsible for computation of monthly payroll, budget (monthly & annual), payment of consultant monthly salaries, pensions and benefits.
• Salary Survey- Under the directive of the Management conducts a compensation/market rate review & analysis. Prepares a compensation summary, which comprises of the present base pay of the staff, the results of the performance appraisal process, and the external competitiveness of the marketplace
.• Manage the grading and pay structure of prospective employees. Issuance of employment contracts and agreements, employee probationary and confirmation process (background screening & credential verification)
• Employee Relations- Investigates a variety of Human Resources related issues (e.g. Wage, Harassment, Discrimination, employee disputes, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that effective, legally compliant resolutions are arrived at in a timely manner and within defined guidelines. Manage administration of all matters with reference to employee engagement
• Employee Discipline- Manages and acts as an advisory channel of the company’s disciplinary process. Ensure employees strict compliance to the stipulated code of conduct, rules and regulations to ensure continual productivity and efficiency and forestall chaos, corruption and disobedience in the company.
• Manage and file all employee documentary evidence to support employees’ leave records (Annual, Compassionate, Examination, Paternity, Maternity, Sick, Study, Voluntary Unpaid and Involuntary Unpaid Leave)
• Event Management- Coordinate the company’s events & meetings (Annual Dinner, Management & Staff Retreat).
• Departmental Reports- Generate the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually reports and presentations.
• To provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support. Organize, maintain and review all employee employment records
• Organization Design & Development- Maintains overhead cost and headcount; company organization charts and employee directory. Develop and define employees’ job functions & Role Responsibilities.
• Change Management- Act as a change catalyst during the company’s restructuring programs
• Separation- Computes the final settlement (entitlement or indebtedness); coordinates and participates in completion of terminations and exit interviews.
• Act as a central point of reference for internal and external queries with reference to employee relations. Provide information and answer questions on routine matters, ensure telephone and email enquiries are dealt with to a high professional standard and maintain confidentiality
• Assists and supports department managers and all employees regarding personnel issues. Answers employee questions regarding personnel policies, procedures and benefits; researches and disseminates topical or timely information to managers and/or employees on personnel issues.
• Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.
• Familiarity with personnel laws and regulations is required
• Professional Certification- human resources is an added advantage
• Good communication(oral and written) skills
• Good team spirit and project management skills
• Good people management and relationship skills
• Good leadership skills
• Good problem solving and reasoning skills
• Good interpersonal and relational skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
• Good reasoning skills; presentation skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
• Attentive to details, exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
• Proficiency in Microsoft office toolsEducational Qualification
• A university degree in human management; social sciences, legal or related field is preferred.
Physical demands of the job
Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary.
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.