Drawing on its reputation for providing deep industry expertise and specialty services in Financial Services Insurance, Ernst & Young is currently expanding its Performance Improvement practice.
Guidewire Configuration Role
• Configuration Developer is primarily responsible for modification of Guidewire application to conform to customer requirements
• Configuring screen layouts (PCF files) as defined by business, so it provides a means of capturing and viewing all necessary information.
• Implementing business rules and logic using GOSU language (Guidewire scripting language) as defined in customer requirements.
• Creating document and letter templates and supporting XML descriptor files
• Configuring end-to-end process on the Guidewire application for a new insurance product, such as a new Line of business.
• Support the requirement definition process, ensuring solution is implemented following industry best practice in Guidewire
• Implementing administrative and operational parameters such as roles, and permissions, user attributes, region, Activity patterns etc.
• Providing end-to-end solution by liaising with product owners, solution architecture team and 3rd party vendors.
• Provide solutions for generating reports.
• Technical documentation of project deliverables.
• Awareness of Best Practice and OOTB principles
Candidates must have a successful track record in General Insurance in Commercial and/or personal line gained through a top tier consultancy, a specialist financial services consultancy and/or a top tier insurer
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Comfortable working in an Agile and Distributed delivery environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Excellent development skills in XML,GOSU and Java and familiarity with object-oriented concepts.
• Experience in Insurance systems development.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with a team and assist them during various phases of development cycle.
• Ability to understand and respond to project and customer needs, while working under tight deadlines.
• Good experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, DB2, Oracle) and data modelling
• Ability to liaise with other IT teams, external vendors and business users to provide technical solution options in both verbal and documented form.
• Good knowledge of the software development lifecycle and object-oriented analysis and design.
• Ability to take ownership and be proactive in problem resolution action to fix issues.
• Ability to guide and mentor new joiners or less experienced developers.