Drawing on its reputation for providing deep industry expertise and specialty services in Financial Services Insurance, Ernst & Young is currently expanding its Performance Improvement practice.
Guidewire Integration Role
• Integration Developer is primarily responsible for integrating the Guidewire application with systems or entities external and internal to the business.
• Design and development of the integration framework and patterns
• Data definition and mapping between multiple systems
• Managing the overall application integration development and merging it with new releases of the Guidewire application.
• Working with testing team to understand issues and resolving them
• Providing end-to-end solution by liaising with product owners, solution architecture team and 3rd party vendors.
• Provide solutions for generating reports.
• Technical documentation of project deliverables.
• Comfortable working in an Agile and Distributed delivery environment
• Good knowledge of Java/J2EE design patterns
• Good experience in developing J2EE applications using Java, JDBS, servlets & JSP
• Hands on experience in SOA, web-services technologies & XML
• Good GOSU Scripting knowledge is desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience with mutli-tier architectures and complex integrations with both internal and external systems.
• Good experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
• Experience in Insurance systems development.
• Ability to work with a team and assist them during various phases of development cycle.
• Ability to understand and respond to project and customer needs, while working under tight deadlines.
• Ability to liaise with other IT teams, external vendors and business users to provide a complete end-to-end solution
• Good knowledge of the software development lifecycle and object-oriented analysis and design.
• Ability to take ownership and be proactive in problem resolution action to fix issues.
• Ability to guide and mentor new joiners or less experienced developers.
Candidates must have a successful track record in General Insurance in Commercial and/or personal line gained through a top tier consultancy, a specialist financial services consultancy and/or a top tier insurer
• Strong understanding of one or more insurance areas including Claims, Underwriting/Policy and Billing
• Personal & commercial business lines, claims and reinsurance
• Strong Experience of Package Enabled transformation
• Strong experience in Agile & Distributed delivery
• Strong experience of large transformation programmes
• Good appreciation of current market trends and how these are likely to impact key industry players
• Strong understanding of the insurance value chain (from distribution, customer management, manufacturing, reinsurance through to administration - servicing, underwriting & claims management
• Track record of successful delivery on programmes for insurance companies
Technology Platform Experience:
• Guidewire (ClaimsCenter or PolicyCenter)
• SAP Claims Management
• Accenture Claims Components
• Pega Workflow
• Java Integration