Performance managers are responsible for each assigned graduate’s performance in terms of productivity, technical skills, business acumen, and leadership potential through on-going development and coaching in line with all Etihad policies and procedures, expectations of each programme, and industry best practices.
- Develop effective working relationships with assigned graduates to enable honest dialogue and coaching of performance. Obtain regular feedback from each graduate on a regular basis to monitor satisfaction and identify areas where the programme or the business can improve.
- Guide, coach and assess business line managers to provide effective support for all graduate assignments. This may include designing and delivering briefings, providing 1:1 coaching, and monitoring and assessing performance against a set of standards and expectations. The PM will be expected to hold line managers accountable to the standards expected.
- Manage feedback and information on each graduate’s performance including attendance, punctuality, attitude, demonstration of Etihad’s values, leadership potential and functional skills. A clear and objective record of performance must be maintained and reported for each graduate manager.
- Monitor performance gaps and deliver constructive feedback to line managers and graduates where required on matters related to their ability to meet standards and objectives. This includes taking action, in alignment with Etihad’s disciplinary process, where graduates show inability to meet standards and instructional objectives.
- Direct, develop and manage Emiratis’ succession plans that enable appropriate job placements, training, development and rotations to take place in a timely manner. Manage the talent map for Emirati graduates and identify high potentials for the future.
- Analyze programme performance and results and identify ways to enhance programme offerings. Develop and implement on-going process improvement. Direct programme managers and facilitators on content decisions to improve alignment with business needs and expectations.
- Direct the mobilization of graduates to-and-from outstation placements to maximize learning opportunities, alleviate concerns and ensure that they settle-in quickly. This includes determining international placements in conjunction with line management and business needs.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, such as senior line and HR managers so that appropriate Emiratis are developed and placed in roles corresponding with their skills and also the needs of the line department.
- Manage on-going relationships with business leaders to better understand their business requirements, review and monitor graduates’ performance in light of these requirements, and develop and implement solutions to meet the business’ needs efficiently.
- Prepare and submit periodic performance reports to Head of UAE Talent Development
- Coach and guide graduates on the identification of their final business based projects, the analysis phase and project execution as well as their presentation to senior management. Ensure that project work is aligned to the methodologies learnt and the expected standards.
- Negotiate and influence line managers in the business to ensure that identified projects are challenging, stretching to the graduates and relevant to the business
- Conduct career management and counseling discussions with graduates throughout the entire programme to ensure that factors such as interest, competencies and business requirement are considered when making final decision on placements
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level in a relevant subject such as HR Development or Occupational Psychology etc.
- Holds a recognised Coaching accreditation
- At least five years’ experience gained in a professional coaching or educational career management capacity
- At least three years working experience gained in a supervisory capacity
- Experience gained in a similar role within the aviation industry would be advantageous
- Strong command of spoken and written English; Arabic would be advantageous
- Exceptional communication skills; confident presenting in front of large groups
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to observe and provide both constructive and positive feedback
- Can quickly gain trust and build a coaching relationship