Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Often act as the manager's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation.Help managers to make the best use of their time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings;
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
This area of work is open to all graduates and those with a Diploma, a degree in business or management may increase your chances.