- To filter incoming mail: sorting, redirecting and taking action as appropriate
- To prepare letters, schedules, proposals and presentations to high standards and without errors.
- Liaise with Vendors or Business Counterparts representing me or my Organisations; negotiating, discussing and planning.
- Handling of financial resources and will be expected to be able to make sound decisions and exhibit sound judgement.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively, including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers etc. and troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for the MD match his requirements.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Maintaining all personal and professional files, ensuring that a comprehensive filing system is in place
- Handle and coordinate personal and family logistics, operations and schedules.
- Ability to prioritise administrative duties, organise and work for self and MD in an environment with multiple and conflicting demands
- Ability to complete work within set times
Integrity and maintaining confidentiality
- Able to maintain confidentiality of all organisation and personal information
- Possess and follow professional standards and principles within the workplace at all times
Quality of work and attention to detail
- Performs work at a high level of competence, demonstrating sound grammatical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- High-level knowledge of MS Outlook Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Prepares a variety of written communication, including emails, letters, request and formal correspondence.
Client Relationship Skills
- Able to establish strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to remain effective when faced with changing tasks, responsibilities or people
- Ability to work as part of a team, but can also work autonomously and proactively, displaying initiative and problem-solving skills
- University Degree (a foreign degree will be an added advantage)
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- Membership of Professional Organization will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a medium sized organisation