Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the MD/CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the MD/CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the MD/CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
• Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
• Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
• Ensures that the MD/CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general
• Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
• Bachelor's degree required
• Strong clerical and social skills
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions Education and Experience Requirements
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.