- The incumbent will be required to work with the Chairman of a group of companies.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
- Arranging travel, visas, accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the Principal to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the Principal
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the Principal is well prepared for meetings
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
- Deputising for, making decisions and delegating work to others in the Principal’s absence