Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Petroleum engineers are responsible for assessing the potential location, quantity and quality of hydrocarbon deposits, and for planning, managing and optimising extraction.
- analysing geological data
- interpreting well-logging results
- ascertaining extraction risks
- monitoring and evaluating reservoir performance
- preparing reports and maps
- developing oilfield production programmes
- liaising with and advising managerial and technical staff
- using specialist computer applications and mathematical models to maximise production
An MEng degree in chemical engineering, mining, geology, physics, chemistry, mathematics or a relevant engineering discipline
a postgraduate qualification in petroleum/offshore engineering. if available