- Conducts reservoir simulation studies to determine optimum methods of maximizing ultimate oil recovery and enhance individual well performance.
- Monitors production from existing fields, analyses all relevant data and ensures that reservoirs are being properly managed, production is maximised and recoveries are optimal. To establish reservoir management strategies where they do not exist and update them where they do.
- Directs and participates in reservoir surveillance activities (MER, BHP etc) and reservoir definition and behavior prediction.
- Prepares production testing proposals and provides guidelines for execution. Evaluates and interprets results recommends optimum methods of performance monitoring.
- Proposes studies required to manage the assets.
- Proposes schedules for work to be done and in maintaining these schedules, notify the Team Leader of any change at the earliest possible time; agreeing a new plan where needed.
- Estimates of oil and gas resources offshore and onshore. Prepares and documents Annual Report of Producing Reservoirs (ARPR).
- Prepares detailed medium and long-term production forecasts.
- Challenges/screens well proposals and performs well evaluations and post mortem reviews.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Second Class, Lower Division) or its equivalent in Petroleum Engineering, Geology or other Geoscience.
- 5 to 9 years operational experience in the oil industry is essential.