• Directs and supervises the activities of assigned personnel regarding petrophysics matters, allocates assignments and determines priorities.
• Prepares the company’s logging standards, procedures and requirements and monitors expenditure. Ensures accuracy and initials service companies bills/invoice.
• Coordinates, supervises and personally participates in establishing basic parameters and criteria for cost effective log interpretation of each field, reservoir and formation to optimize coring, testing and completion programs. Ensures accuracy of such parameters for use in further studies.
• Monitors implementation of open-hole logs. Supervises the logging interpretation and formation evaluation of exploration, appraisals, development and workover wells with service companies to determine the potential zones for testing and completion.
• Ensures that all request for special core and fluid analyses are justified and that highest
• Supervises and participates in the development of logging interpretation program, and monitor the maintenance of the petrophysical computer interpretation systems and database.
• Supervises/conducts detailed log analysis and petrophysical studies.
• Supervises and participates in Reservoir Studies and Technical meeting to assist in solving problems confronting the development plans. Participates in the presentation of petrophysical models of different reservoirs. Determine accurate reservoir parameters to be used in the reservoir simulation studies.
• Endorse, evaluate and monitor the capability and performance of contracted logging companies. Studies and assesses their logging techniques and related aspects such as logistics, training programs and costs.
• Performs other related duties such as monitoring the company’s well logging standards, attending meetings, writing, writing technical reports, ensuring developing/training company’s personnel on using/applying petrophysical data, keeping abreast wit the new development in logging tehcniques/devices, evaluating/assessing service companies performance,…etc.
• Operate and perform within leading and supporting Company’s safety and environmental protection policy.
• B.Sc. Geology
• 10 years of broad experience in well site, petroleum geology, sub-surface geology, well logging techniques, and petrophysics interpretation and computer usage.
• Good knowledge of English