- This position will provide studies and operation petrophysical support to the subsurface team. These support will be delivered through;
- Provision of basic and advanced petrophysical analysis and studies
- Design, planning and execution of formation evaluation programs
Key Deliverables/KPI - SMART - Maximum 5
- Perform petrophysical multi-well / field analysis as part of integrated subsurface studies and deliver necessary input data for static & dynamic reservoir models
- Performing petrophysical analysis of log data (single well analysis) and assist in decision making (P&A or run casing, selection of perforation intervals, etc.)
- Planning and preparing, in combination with reservoir engineers and geologists, routine & special core analysis (RCA & SCAL) programs to reduce uncertainties in petrophysical analysis
- You will need to prepare and be accountable for cost effective logging programs, in order to ensure proper petrophysical evaluation of drilled wells (open & cased hole; Wireline & LWD)
- Coordinating & supervising the logging operations and perform quality control to ensure that Contractor delivers according to contract and evaluation objectives are met
- Ability to compute and statistically analyse large data sets, and establish their geological and petrophysical dependence.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of LWD, wireline, tools and analysis techniques. Good understanding of wireline logging operations (open and cased hole), uncertainty and its impact on evaluation techniques.
- Field experience, drilling and monitoring of development and appraisal wells, openhole logging, mudlogging, geomechanical analysis, fault seal analysis and pressure prediction
- Proficiency in computer based interpretation in a petrophysical software package a must and knowledge of Schlumberger TechLog software package is a big plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
General Knowledge, Managerial and/or Technical Skills - 5 Maximum
- Have a mastery of well completions and down hole equipment and their functions and expert diagnosis of problems
Education/Certification & Experience required - 5 maximum
- A university degree in BSc degree in Physics, Petroleum Engineering, Geology or closely related disciplines, with minimum of seven years relevant experience.
- Must posses a broad-based subsurface experience covering geoscience and reservoir engineering.
- Candidates with experience in wireline logging field operations will be a plus.