ROLE: PREMIER FIELD ENGINEER - EXCHANGE / LYNC
LOCATION: DUBAI, ABU DHABI
To provide Onsite Support Services and Incident Prevention Services to Microsoft
Premier Customers. Build very successful relationships with your customer through the delivery of a high-quality technical engagement in a specific technology area. Delivery of an excellent service is essential to promoting the Onsite services as the most customer focused offering available. The engagements may be short-term demand-led or longer term engagements with a dedicated customer.
Team/ Department Mission
As part of the Customer Service and Support (CSS) the Premier Filed Engineering Services organization delivers Rapid Onsite Support Services and Incident Prevention Services to MS Enterprise customers. The PFE engineers help Premier customers during the “operate” and “improve” phase of the MS product usage. The Support Service can be proactive for workshop and SKU service delivery and reactive as well as response on critical situations. Increase service availability for Microsoft’s Enterprise Customers by providing proactive support consulting in a specific product or Technology area.
• Use an adequate technical expertise in troubleshooting to support reactive cases
• Deliver proactive onsite support and knowledge transfer to the customer
• Drive on preventing incidents during your customer visits
• Deliver SKU services and customized workshops.
• Drive high customer satisfaction on GTSC support incidents.
• Maintain deep knowledge of latest products and configurations of Enterprise
Customers by continuously increasing technical knowledge.
• Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Deliver technical workshops, presentations and documents.
• Maintain your accreditations.
• Collaborate with Microsoft teams to deliver a high quality service.
• Work with Microsoft support engineers using knowledge of your customer’s environment to accelerate problem resolution.
• Manage customer expectations and deliver a service in line with contractual obligations.
• Develop and deliver new services to exceed customer expectations.
• Take responsibility for the Microsoft engagement and your own self development.
• Work within Microsoft account teams on strategic customer deployments which may extend outside business hours.
Key Success Criteria
• Achievement of personal and team objectives.
• Customer and account team feedback.
• Ongoing feedback through appraisals
- Regular 1:1s with team manager
- Yearly formal review
- Alignment with Microsoft values.
• Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Face-to-face customer engagement skills.
• At least 2 years experience supporting Enterprise customers with.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Strong English.
• Awareness of corporate environments and their business requirements
• Experience with MS Windows 2000 and/or 2003 servers and Lync
• Understanding of the following technologies is desirable
• MS Cluster services; Terminal services, networking technologies
Exchange Premier Field Engineers should be experienced in implementing, administering, tuning and troubleshooting enterprise scale Exchange Server platforms.
Engineers in this team specialize in Exchange Server but also have a breadth of knowledge covering Active Directory, IIS and Office Communications Server, knowledge of other third-party messaging systems (Lotus Notes, Novell Groupwise etc) is often beneficial.
While our key relationships are typically with our customers’ 3rd / 4th line infrastructure support teams, Premier Field Engineers will also find themselves working with engineering teams, so need to be confident working at this level.
The Core role requires depth knowledge in a number of the following technologies / areas:
• Implementation and management of Exchange Server
• Experience of advanced configuration including clustering, SAN’s, performance optimisation and remote access.
• Experience of migrating from previous versions of Exchange Server or third-party messaging systems.
• Experience of SMTP, POP3 and IMAP protocols
• Experience tuning and scaling Exchange servers.
• Experience Troubleshooting Exchange Server related issues
• Knowledge of monitoring alerting and logging
• Troubleshooting network issues
• Fundamental networking knowledge - IP, DNS, WINS, IP routing, network address translation etc.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with windows server operating systems
• Personal Attributes
• Demonstrated aptitude for providing exceptional customer service
• Strong team participant and involvement in team workload and activities.
• Integrity and honesty
• Open and respectful with others
• Willing to take on big challenges
• Passion for customers, partners and technology
• Accountable for commitments, results and quality
• Self-critical, questioning and committed to personal excellence.
• MCSE certification or job experience.
• Degree qualification or equivalent experience.
• ITIL/Service Management experience or 3rd level support experience.
Special Requirements/Additional Information e.g. Language skills
• The majority of time will be spent on customer sites.
• Therefore the following requirements are essential :
o Full driving license
o Ability to travel
o At least 4 days per week at customer site.
o Availability to work outside of business hours when required as agreed on before