Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Aid pharmacists in administrative and customer service roles.
- Purchasing medications, merchandising, taking inventory control and record keeping
- Answer the telephone, accept payment for prescriptions, price stock, stock shelves and mark items for sale as well as prepare and reconcile third party insurance claims and records
- Counting tablets, mixing and weighing medications and handle clerical work.
- Direct prescription or drug-related questions to the pharmacist.
Skills and Competencies
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, a caring attitude toward others and the ability to remain calm and handle emergencies
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and good manual dexterity.
- Organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Education, Certifications and/or Experience
- HND or BSc in Pharmacy or related field
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in related field