Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accepting prescriptions for filling by Retail Pharmacists
- Determining customer requirements and advising customers on the selection, price and usage of non-prescription medicines
- Advising customers on the correct application and storage of medicines
- Selling goods such as non-prescription drugs, first aid supplies, toiletries, and cosmetics
- Accepting payment for goods and services by a variety of payment methods and preparing sales invoices
- Promoting goods and services that are for sale
- Assisting with the ongoing management of stock such as product inventories and participating in stock takes
- Stacking and displaying goods for sale, and wrapping and packing goods sold
Skills and Competencies
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, a caring attitude toward others and the ability to remain calm and handle emergencies
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and good manual dexterity.
- Organizational skills and detail orientation.