Lead the Philippine GSC Compliance team. This integral role will focus on assisting the GSC business management team in managing compliance risks and to protect the reputation and franchise of the firm. You will provide compliance advisory to the business groups and other stakeholders on all aspects of the day to day operations including regulatory advice and reporting with Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) Rules and Regulations to Implement Republic Act No. 7916 (The Special Economic Zone Act of 1995).
As the head of the Compliance team, you will be responsible to provide continuous leadership, supervision, guidance and development of your team members for ensuring an effective and motivated team that provides high performing and quality compliance advice and support. You will focus on Philippines, but will be required to ensure a consistent approach with elements of our global and regional policies and standards. An important requirement of the role will be to work in partnership with Compliance colleagues across North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific, to leverage the JPMorganChase expertise in compliance risk control, and with the location Compliance team, to present a consolidated view of issues that affect the compliance and regulatory risks faced by the firm.
(a) evaluating existing and new laws and regulations, issue identification, impact assessment, advising on risk mitigants and independently escalating compliance risks, including prioritizing the broader interests of the firm;
(b) building and maintaining control mechanisms to remain in compliance with laws and regulations;
(c) reviewing new business initiatives, operational procedures and major operational and systems changes from a regulatory perspective and highlighting product profile risks;
(d) maintaining regulatory relationships and managing regulatory exams;
(e) implementing firm wide and local policies and practices including the code of conduct of the firm;
(f) identifying appropriate compliance risk controls and implementing an appropriate governance strategy;
(g) providing compliance support on general corporate matters;
(h) identifying, implementing and tracking compliance training requirements;
(i) providing oversight for functions off-shored to India as part of the migration strategy and BAU management thereafter;
(j) reviewing inter-entity Service Level Agreements between the Receptor (the entity providing the Services e.g. the GSC) and the Donor (the entity offshoring or receiving the Services) in the form of Master Service Agreements/Service Level Agreements, etc. as the services provided by the GSC are the subject of inter-company contracts;
(k) manage/supervise and lead the local compliance team at the GSC;
(l) administering, procedures and controls related to information barriers, data privacy and bank secrecy, implementation of applicable US regulations (such as OFAC, Reg W, anti-corruption laws etc.);
(m) preparing and overseeing management and governance reports, as needed; and
(n) managing and coordinating consultation exercises and industry group discussions on new laws and regulations
• 15+ years compliance experience in the banking, financial services, offshoring industry.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Sound knowledge of global and local market practices related to offshoring.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team to achieve common goals.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with senior business partners and other support functions.
• Strong leadership qualities and management skills.
• Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.
• A solution driven approach, with exemplary problem solving skills;
• Able to drive and manage productive and professional regulatory and industry relationships.
• Law degree or other closely related professional qualification will be beneficial.