Physical Layer System Test Engineer will be working with a multi-discipline team (Software Development, System Design, Integration, Customer Support, etc.) to test and commercialize Qualcomm wireless products.
Successful candidate must have strong communication skills, must be an effective team player and be able to work independently. Must show ability to quickly learn new concepts, have good analytical skills and willingness to learn.
Conducting lab tests, Characterization of Modem physical performance with Collaboration with System team, presenting the results and performing analysis, troubleshooting/analyzing problems, optimizing system performance and supporting Qualcomm customers with product commercialization. Maintenance and expansion of Wireless test systems.
- Bachelor's degree in telecommunication, electronics or electrical engineering preferred.
- Good, solid, recent experience in Lab Testing or System Optimization role.
- Exposure in one or more of following areas:
- Understanding of digital communications systems, CDMA, TDMA,OFDM, telecommunications concepts
- Development of Test Automation, Test Scripts, Designing, implementing and maintaining of test systems.
- Familiarity with air interface performance analysis, characterization and optimization
- Experience with RF SW design/debugging/testing.
- Embedded Software/DSP development experience.
- Understanding of software development and testing concepts for wireless handsets for various air interface standards
- Understanding of Physical/MAC layers and Call Processing concepts in one or more of the following air interface standards
- GSM/ GPRS /EDGE / Rel99/ Rel5 / HSDPA/ HSUPA/HSPA+, LTE
- Understanding of wire line and wireless data protocol stacks including RLP, PPP, IP, TCP, IPV6, MIPV6, etc.
- Experience of the programming languages like C,C++, Matlab, Perl, Python, Java
- Test management
- Experience of using Trace/Jtag tools
- Experience of using Qualcomm Tools
- Hands on experience with RF test equipment and/or Network simulators (Agilent,CMW500,Anritsu,Spirent)
- Understanding/Experience of Digital Signal Processing